Saturday, October 14, 2017
Friday, September 8, 2017
Also, the distance between the helm and the forward end of the cockpit is such that it would require binoculars to read the compass when steering. Its about 2.5 metres, thats over 8 ft 6in for the metrically challenged, too far to read the figures on the compass card.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Previous courses have been real fun, and the graduates have gone away with a whole lot of new skills, shortcuts, tricks and, very sharp tools.
Heres the link,
Here's what we'll be covering.
Essential skills for the beginner boat builder By John Welsford
This is a two day course and will cover a range of essential skills including:
- Introduction to epoxy resin and glue systems
- Gluing and Fibre glassing plywood
- Sharpening common hand tools
- Selection and use of power tools
- Selection and setup of woodworking machinery
- Reading plans and drawing components from scale drawings and much more...
Saturday 23rd September 10:00 am - 5:30pm
Sunday 24th September 09:00 am - 4:00 pm
- A hand plane that you can practice setting up and sharpening A chisel for same
- Closed toe footwear, old clothes and your lunch!
Cost $250 pp, includes morning and afternoon refreshments.
Please contact us if you are interested.
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Just a reminder of what she's intended for, this little ship is intended as a long range sail and oar adventure boat, capable of multi day coastal voyages in open waters. Water ballasted, with a SCAMP style "veranda", light and slippery enough to row if needed, and able to self recover single handed from a full rollover or capsize.
I am developing plans as I build, and they should not be long in becoming available.